Just like what the title says, SXSW Film has announced the first 20 panels for the 2011 SXSW Film Festival, taking place March 11-19, 2011, and we’ve got the list here. From the official press release:
The South by Southwest (SXSW) Film Conference and Festival is pleased to announce the first 20 confirmed sessions for the 2011 Conference. These panels, selected from proposals submitted via the SXSW PanelPicker™ interface, offer fresh perspectives on the topics facing today’s filmmakers and industry. The South by Southwest Film Conference and Festival will take place March 11 – 19, 2011 in Austin, Texas.
“We are delighted with the caliber and creativity of this year’s PanelPicker proposals and the level of our community’s involvement,” said SXSW Film Conference and Festival Producer Janet Pierson, “this selection is just a taste of the innovative and topical programming we have in the works for 2011.”
The first 20 confirmed sessions for the 2011 SXSW Film Conference are:
- Beyond 3D: How Interactive Screenings Will Save Cinema
(Organized by Henri Mazza / Alamo Drafthouse Cinema)
- The Blogger Centipede: How Content is Eroding Credibility
(Organized by William Goss / Cinematical)
- Can P2P Save Filmmaking?
(Organized by Jamie King / VODO and BitTorrent Inc.)
- “Did You Kill Anyone?” Reality in War Movies
(Organized by Paul Rieckhoff / Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America)
- Documentary Deities: Dispelling The Director Myth
(Organized by Eddie Schmidt / IDA)
- The Female Funny: Is It Different For Girls?
(Organized by Rachel Sklar / Mediaite.com)
- Funny Fits: Alt Comedy on Alt Platforms
(Organized by Jennifer Caserta / IFC)
- Heard But Not Seen: Capturing Music History Cinematically
(Organized by Warren Cohen / VH1)
- Hollywood Lessons: What Film School Didn’t Teach Me
(Organized by John Lang / Rough & Tumble Films)
- I Thought We Were Friends! Business In Film
(Organized by Alicia Van Couvering / Freelance Producer)
- Indie Success: What is it? Who’s Got It?
(Organized by Mike Ryan / Greyshack Films)
- Makers of Geek Documentaries: A Nerd’s life
(Organized by Rachel Lovinger / Razorfish)
- Marketing Your Movie: Making a Great Trailer
(Organized by Monica Brady / Trailer Central/The Golden Trailer Awards)
- New Tools for Filmmakers: Virtually Augmented 3.0 Reality
(Organized by Wendy Levy / BAVC)
- Pen to Paper – Creating Conceptual Marketing Campaigns
(Organized by David Frost / All City Media)
- Reel Murder: From Crime Scene to Big Screen
(Organized by Corey Mitchell / In Cold Blog)
- Selecting Films for Festivals: Science or Serendipity?
(Organized by Nick Roddick / Split Screen/London Film School)
- Sex it Up!
(Organized by Lisa Vandever / CineKink)
- You Are Not a Publicist: Criticism vs. Advertising
(Organized by Daniel Carlson / Pajiba.com)
- Your Baby Is Ugly: Evaluating Your Film Honestly
(Organized by Nic Baisley / FilmSnobbery)