The Dallas Video Festival returns for its 21st year November 6-9, 2008 at the Angelika Film Center at Mockingbird Station, 5321 East Mockingbird. As usual, the Dallas Video Festival will showcase cutting-edge, fiercely independent work by local, regional, national and international video artists.
The Dallas Video Festival has showcased pioneering efforts in the video world since 1986 and will continue to push some buttons by showing that video is more than a medium – it is a voice when put in the hands of media activists, a glimpse of the sublime in the hands of artists, and a tool for social change in the hands of documentary makers.
Programs range from imaginative 30-second television commercials to mesmerizing video art, compelling documentaries, surrealistic animation, innovative digital features, and narrative shorts that surprise, inspire and entertain.
Patrons may purchase day passes or All-Festival passes making this Festival the best deal in town (no per film tickets). Visit www.videofest.org for more information.
21st Annual Dallas Video Festival Highlights will include:
- RAIDERS: THE ADAPTATION, the result of three 12 year old friends adapting Raiders of the Lost Ark shot by shot for over 7 summers. The cult favorite is sweeping the underground festival circuit and has garnered so much attention that Spielberg himself has purchased the life rights of its three makers for a feature film about their lives spent remaking his movie. Filmmaker in attendance.
- THE TEXAS SHOW, a juried compilation of short film and video by Texas artists
- ALBERT MAYSLES AWARD for an emerging documentary filmmaker. Albert Maysles will be in attendance to present his own work and to award the hand-picked documentary filmmaker of his choice. The documentary work of the award-winning maker will also be showcased.
- SIGGRAPH Electronic Theater
- THE LONDON INTERNATIONAL ADVERTISING AWARDS
- GUTS N GLORY live performance and short video