The online slot industry is booming, and proof of this is in the number of games being released each year. 2021 has been no different either, with a large number of games from different providers hitting your device screens. These span a range of themes, including Hollywood movies and original series/shows from some of the big studios and production houses there.
Quite a few software providers have developed games themed on Hollywood hits, including Playtech, NetEnt, and Microgaming. Here are some of the top Hollywood hit-themed slots of 2021.
Game of Thrones: Power Stacks
There have been quite a few reboots of slots released earlier, and one of the biggest is Game of Thrones: Power Stacks. Like its predecessor, which had 2 versions – one with 15 paylines and another with 243 ways to win – it is themed on the hit series from HBO.
This slot released in August, 2021. Brought to you by Microgaming – which released the first slot – in collaboration with Slingshot Studios, the theme remains the same, but there is a world of difference in the features and graphics. The game has 5 reels and 40 paylines and you could win up to 500,000!
Let’s start with the graphics – they are of infinitely higher quality than the original. When you score a win with one of the characters symbols – the Wildling, the Night King, Sansa Stark, Daenerys Targaren and Tormund Giantsbane – the graphic gets replaced by actual footage of the character from the film.
The second thing that strikes a familiar chord is the background score in the slot; it is the song Blood of My Blood from the 6th episode of Season 6, composed by Ramin Djawadi. This is a slot game with high volatility, and the maximum win is a massive 25,000x your total stake!
The Game of Thrones logo is the wild symbol, while the Iron Throne is the scatter. There are 4 bonus features in the game:
- Power Stacks: At the left of the reels is a carousel that spins each time you hit the Spin button to reveal a symbol. The revealed symbol can appear fully stacked on the reels to give you wins. All symbols apart from the wild and scatter can become a Power Stack.
Link&Win: Land a minimum of 6 coins on the reels during a spin to trigger the Link&Win feature. When this happens the coins stick on the reels and you receive 3 respins on a new set of reels as reward.
The new reels have only coins and blank slots. Any coin landing on a blank slot triggers a further respin. The coins have values of 1x to 15x your stake in the base game and up to 30x in the free spins round.
- Free Spins: Land a minimum of 3 scatter symbols to trigger a payout of up to 100x your stake – depending on the number of symbols you land – and 15 free spins with a 2x multiplier and stacked wilds. You can trigger the Link&Win feature in the free spins round as well.
- Jackpots: Land Bronze, Silver or Gold coins to trigger the Jackpots feature. The jackpots pay 20x, 100x and 500x for symbols respectively in the base game; the value gets doubled in the free spins round. Fill all the positions with coins to trigger the Valyrian jackpot, worth 2500x your stake, in the base game.
What do you get when you mix the concept of Agent 007 and Casino Royale? A fantastic slot game called Agent Royale, of course! The game is brought to you by Red Tiger Gaming and comes with fabulous graphics and features that include locked wilds, the License to Spin feature and free spins. The slot can be played for free using bonus codes offered by Spin Pug Casino.
All the usual Bond-style elements are there in this slot – gorgeous girls, glitzy cars and impressive weaponry and hardware that includes bombs that act as sticky wilds! The graphics are realistic and the animations outstanding. This is a game with 5 reels, 4 rows for the symbols and 40 paylines.
This is a slot of medium volatility and comes with a decent payout percentage of 95.77%. The agent symbol is a wild that covers 2 vertical positions on the reels. There are excellent symbols like the bomb symbols. There are 2 variations: a regular bomb and a golden bomb.
Another cool symbol in the game is the blonde woman; land her on 3 or more positions across the reels to trigger the free spins bonus. Golden bombs that are already in place on the reels remain sticky throughout the spins to give you more wins. The agent wild is sticky too and gives you bigger wins.
Gordon Ramsay: Hell’s Kitchen
Gordon Ramsay: Hell’s Kitchen is the official slot for the hit TV series of the same name, featuring iconic chef Gordon Ramsay. Armed with 5 reels and 20 paylines, this NetEnt slot has rich 3D quality graphics and innovative features to boost the adrenalin levels as you play it.
This is a low to medium volatility slot with a RTP value of 96.07%, and the maximum win you can score is 1000x your total stake on a spin. With 16 Michelin stars to his name the mercurial Gordon Ramsay is a force to be reckoned with in the kitchen, and the slot aptly reflects his personality.
The graphics are great, the animations are awesome, and if that isn’t enough to impress you, how about the 6 bonus features that the game is loaded with?
- Ramsay’s wild: The feature is randomly activated and has Gordon hurling knives or plates at the reels to add anywhere from 5 to 7 wild symbols to the reels to help boost your bankroll.
- Team Challenge Free Spins: Land 3 or 4 Gordon Ramsay scatter symbols – anywhere across the reels except reel 3 – to trigger the feature and win 10 or 15 free spins respectively. It has 2 areas for the 2 competing teams and you need to choose a team.
For each free spin up to 3 Order Up features that are color-coded get triggered, including multipliers and the Team Wilds feature.
- Gordon’s Bonus Game: At the end of the free spins the winning team is declared. If you chose it, or if the competition ended in a tie, you trigger this feature. You will need to pick from 15 menus and each menu could have cash prizes or multipliers. Pick the menus till you land the X symbol.
Another member of the ‘remastered’ club is the Terminator 2 slot. This is based on the blockbuster hit of 1992 of the same name – Terminator 2: Judgment Day. It has 5 reels and offers you 243 ways to win. The original slot was released in 2014 and this one lives up to Arnold’s eponymous line – I’ll be back!
The features are the same as in the original version; the graphics are of higher quality though. You will find footage from the film woven into the game, and there are robotic animations as well. The game has 2 cool bonus features as well to help you put together some outstanding wins.
The first of the bonus features is the T-800 Vision Feature. It triggers at random and is usually triggered at the end of a spin wherein you don’t score a win. The Terminator scans the reels for high-value symbols. If he is able to hit any of them you win a cash bonus of up to 129x your total stake.
Land an Orb scatter symbol during the T-800 Vision feature to trigger the free spins bonus. You can also trigger this feature by landing 3 or more scatter symbols in the base game. When this happens you receive a payout of up to 100x your stake, and 10 free spins that can be re-triggered.